Copyright © 2016 D-Link Systems, Inc.
2.4GHz and 5GHz bands for maximum possible speed for
Allocates the best possible band
High Power Amplifier
Wider coverage throughout
Faster network speed for a more powerful router.
Smart Beam Forming
Tracks your connected devices for enhanced Wi-Fi speed and range.
With its built-in high power amplifier (of up to 1000mw) and antenna diversity you can enjoy wider wireless coverage throughout your home.
A dual core processor gives you all the processing power you need to support
more devices and apps in your home so you can experience lag free gaming and HD media streaming.
Intelligent QoS tracks the type of network traffic (media streaming, web surfing, online gaming) and decide which application deserves higher priority.
Controlling your network by enabling parental controls, blocking unwanted devices, monitoring internet activity and creating Wi-Fi guest networks is easier than ever with our new interface.
11AC Wi-Fi - Up to 600 Mbps (2.4 GHz) + 1300 Mbps (5GHz).
Gigabit Ethernet Ports - Ensures the best wired online experience for HD streaming and gaming.
Whole-Home Coverage - 11AC technology extends wireless range further than with Wireless N.
High-Powered Antennas - 4 external antennas with high power amplifiers.
Traffic Prioritization - Advanced QoS engine distributes traffic optimally across both wireless bands to guarantee the best performance.
Dual-Band Technology - Decreases wireless interference and congestion, allowing you to connect more devices.
Parental Controls - Create online access schedules and block/allow specific websites and/or devices.
Guest Wi-Fi Network - Enable a public or encrypted wireless guest network.
Secure Wi-Fi Encryption - WPA/WPA2 provides highest level of
Easy To Install - Installation wizard manually walks you through setup
Quick Router Setup (QRS) App - Easy setup app for smartphones & tablets.
WPS Push Button Setup - Quickest method of connecting devices with the push of a button.
Zero Configuration - Once router is setup, other D-Link Zero Configuration devices can easily and instantly connect.
• 802.11 a/g/n/ac wireless LAN
• Dual-Band (one 2.4GHz and one 5GHz band)
• 10/100/1000 Gigabit WAN Port
• Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit LAN Ports
• IEEE 802.11ac
Minimum System Requirements
• Windows® 10, 8.1, Windows® 8, Windows® 7 , or Mac OS® X (v10.7)
• Ethernet Network Interface
• Internet Explorer® 11, Mozilla® Firefox® v28, Google Chrome v33, or Safari v7
• For optimal performance, pair the DIR-879 with an AC adapter (DWA-192)
• Cable, DSL or Fiber Optics
• Guest Zone
• Multi-language web setup wizard
• Green Ethernet
• DLNA media server support
• Advanced AC SmartBeam
• Dual active firewall
• Network Address Translation (NAT)
• Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI)
• VPN Passthrough (PPTP/L2TP/IPsec)
• Advanced QoS
• Quick VPN - L2TP over IPsec
• Extender Mode7
Mobile App Support
• QRS Mobile v1.5
Mobile App Requirements
• QRS Mobile app requires iOS4.3 or AndroidTM 2.3.3, or higher
• WPA & WPA2 (Wi-Fi Protected Access)
• Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) PIN/PBC
• SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection)
• NAT (Network Address Translation)
• 7.9 x 9.5 x 3.5 inches
• Input: 100 to 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz • Output: 12 V DC, 1.5A
• Operating: 32 to 104 °F
• Storage: -4 to 149 °F
• Operating: 0% to 90% non-condensing
• Storage: 5% to 95% non-condensing
• FCC Class B
• Wi-Fi Certified
• IPv6 Ready
• Wireless AC1900 Wi-Fi Router
• Quick Installation Guide2
• Power Adapter
• Ethernet Cable
• Wi-Fi Configuration Card
• 1-Year Limited Warranty3
• AC1900 Wi-Fi Router