Copyright © 2017 D-Link Systems, Inc.
With the D-Link 16-Port 10/100 Unmanaged Desktop or Rackmount Switch, you can easily expand your business or home network by adding more computers and devices, each achieving speeds up to 200 Mbps per port in full-duplex mode. Quickly and securely connect employees working in small offices with one another and all of the servers, printers, and other devices they use. High performance and reliable connectivity help speed file transfers and data processing, improve network uptime, and keep your employees connected and productive.
The DSS-16+ offers an economical way for SOHO and small to medium businesses (SMB) to benefit from high-speed networking. It provides sixteen ports for easy expansion of your network and a quick way to upgrade your network to Fast Ethernet connectivity.
The DSS-16+ 16-Port 10/100 Unmanaged Desktop or Rackmount Switch helps you conserve energy through IEEE 802.3az EEE, which works when both the switch and its link partner are EEE-compliant devices. This power saving feature automatically puts the switch into a low power idle state when the switch utilization is zero, allowing you to lower your energy usage and save on your energy costs.
The DSS-16+ is compliant with Energy Star Level V, as well as with the stringent CEC and MEPS regulations that require the use of energy efficient power adapters. They use recyclable packaging that helps reduce waste, complying with the WEEE directive. It’s innovatively designed to run cool and quiet without sacrificing performance.
• IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet (twisted pair copper)
• IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet (twisted-pair copper)
• ANSI/IEEE 802.3 NWay auto-negotiation
• IEEE 802.3x flow control
• IEEE 802.3az EEE function
• IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T
• IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX compliance
• IEEE 802.3x Flow Control support
Data Transfer Rates
• Fast Ethernet
• 100 Mbps Half-Duplex
• 200 Mbps Full-Duplex
• 10 Mbps Half-Duplex
• 20 Mbps Full-Duplex
• 3.2 Gbps
Number of Ports
• 16 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet ports
• UTP CAT 3/4/5/5e (100 m max.)
• EIA/TIA-586 100-ohm STP (100 m max.)
• UTP CAT 5/5e (100 m max.)
• EIA/TIA-568 100-ohm STP (100 m max.)
Media Interface Exchange
• Auto MDI/MDIX adjustment for all ports
• Per port:
• Per device:
MAC Address Table
• 8K entries per device
MAC Address Learning
• Automatic update
Packet Filtering /Forwarding Rates
• Ethernet: 14,880 pps per port
• Fast Ethernet: 148,800 pps per port
• 11.0 x 5.0 x 1.7 inches (280 x 125.8 x 44 mm)
• 2.376lbs (1.08kg)
• Power On (Standby):
• DC input: 0.23 Watts
• AC input: 0.8 Watts
• DC input: 1.32 Watts
• AC input: 2.36 Watts
• Power On (Standby):
• AC input: 2.7296 BTU/h
• AC input: 8.0547 BTU/h
• 492,096 hours
• Operating: 32 to 104 °F (0 to 40 °C)
• Storage: 14 to 158 °F (-10 to 70 °C)
• Operating: 10% to 90% non-condensing
• Storage: 5% to 90% non-condensing
• DSS-16+ 16-Port 10/100 Unmanaged Desktop or Rackmount Switch
• Limited Lifetime1
1Limited Lifetime Warranty Available in the U.S.A. only.
The DSS-16+ is a 16-Port 10/100 Ethernet Unmanaged Desktop/Rackmount Switch, which provides a simple solution for expanding your network. Connect this 16-port Desktop Switch to a router and add up to fifteen additional computers or other Ethernet-based devices such as a printer, Network-Attached Storage (NAS), or Internet camera to increase the functionality of your network.